Saturday, August 9, 2014

Take A Break From Hurry-Up, RV

So what is one of the biggest attractions to RVing, no hurry-up.  You are in your second home, with wheels, make your own pace.  Like some place you find by accident, stay a while.  Don't like the location, move.  And you are in your own home.

This was taken steps from our camp site in Port Townsend WA a few weeks ago.

Being in your own place when RVing came real to me a few weeks ago when we left our motorhome to get some work done on it and took an Alaska cruise.  During the cruise we had to leave our dog behind and live out of suitcases.  I very much enjoyed the trip to Alaska with all of it's awesome scenery, but was quite glad to get back to my familiar bed, cloths closet, my coffee pot, and also all that space you have in our rig.

A glacier calving in Glacier Bay Alaska
We are 7 weeks into our current RV trip.  I am in no hurry to get home.  If I had been traveling out of a suitcase for 7 weeks I would have been ready for home long ago.  

No comments: