Wednesday, October 31, 2012

When Preventive Maintenance Does Not Work

Our Motor Home has just over 100,000 miles on it.  In the time since it was new it has never had to be towed because it broke and could not drive on it's own, until today.  The cause, even though the previous owner had the transmission serviced and put in five year fluid and it worked perfectly, I told the place I store it to do the transmission service and put in the extended life fluid.  When they did the service it stopped working.  And I don't mean the transmission did not work as it should, I mean zilch, the trans is not tranning at all.  When you put it in drive nothing happens.

The service shop has tried replacing the electronic stuff, sent the control panel up to Allison, and now my poor baby had to suffer the ignominious fate of being towed to the transmission shop.  This is not a happy occurrence.  

I will post updates when I find out what is wrong. 

No comments: